Why am I talking about 9 Amazing Pinterest Wedding Styling Boards?
I’m assuming you haven’t planned your wedding before; unless you’re a sneaky wedding vendor yourself or this is your second/third/fourth marriage (in that case you might want to rethink your romantic strategy). So, assuming this is your first wedding, how can you know for certain what your wedding style vision is if you haven’t done it before?
I’m not a wedding planner or a stylist and I don’t profess to be one, but before you seek professional advice, I’ve found a trick that helps me. Pinterest. I’ve used it for planning both my pre-wedding and wedding videos and it gives me a clearer vision of what aesthetics I’m going for. Pinterest Wedding Styling can help you discover the vision for your wedding.
If you don’t know what Pinterest is, don’t fret. It is an amazing social media platform and its similar to making magazine cut out collages, but on a cyber level. Do you remember back in the day, before the internet, we use to cut out stuff from magazines? Those magazines were vital for creating our dream boards, planning parties, vacations and most importantly weddings. Pinterest provides you a board, allowing you to pin your favourite images to create your very own virtual collage. But it goes another step further. For example, you can:
- Connect to thousands of other bride-to-be Pinners all over the world
- Retrieve others pin and make your own custom board
- Make your board secret and share it with a select few
- Add friends to your Pinterest board and get them to help with your wedding vision
Before you know it, you have your wedding vision.
If you are convinced that this is for you, here’s how to practically go about it:
- Jump on Pinterest (be sure that you have some time allotted for this, because you WILL spend hours on it. You’ll know what I mean when you start!)
- Create a Pinterest board (you can make it secret or keep it public)
- Go nuts pinning for a few days.
Here are the 9 amazing Pinterest wedding styling boards you can follow. These Pinners have fabulous content and something different without it being kitsch:
- Hello May
- White Magazine
- Green Wedding Shoes
- Style Me Pretty
- Once Wed
- Hey Gorgeous Events
- One Fab Day
- One Fine Day
- Wedding Chicks
And finally, a little plug to our Pinterest page, follow us: http://www.pinterest.com/thelovelab/
4. Leave it for a few days and come back with fresh eyes and cull it down. This will be your styling vision for your wedding will also help inform your discussion with your stylist.
This is a good place to start. Once you figure its intuitive interface, you’re going to think how you lived without it. Happy pinning!
Written by Lewa